Air Duct Cleaning Ellicott City
Worried about unexplained allergies that you are having to deal with nearly every day? It may all be because of those air ducts. It's a well-known fact that regular air duct cleaning can help asthma sufferers feel better as the triggers are removed from their environment.
How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
Experts recommend cleaning them at least once every 3-5 years under normal circumstances. If any household members have respiratory problems like asthma, or are prone to allergies caused by air borne particles, it is essential to clean air ducts more often. If you have pets and cigarette smokers, it is also necessary to clean more often.
It is essential that you have your home air ducts cleaned by a professional for best results.
If you are a resident of Ellicott City, Maryland, we are here to help you. We offer quality air-duct cleaning services that yield satisfactory results.
Why Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
- Most people spend the majority of their time indoors. 50% of illnesses have been reportedly caused by indoor air pollution. Hence, clean air ducts reduce the possibility of illnesses.
- Allergies are caused by the bacteria and fungi growing in unclean air duct systems.
- Dust and dirt accumulation cause 90% of heating and cooling failures.
- According to the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) poor quality of indoor air is a major risk to public health.
- Cleaning air ducts allows them to function more efficiently and hence increases their life span.
What, Exactly, is Air Duct Cleaning?
So, how to clean air ducts? Air duct cleaning is generally the cleaning of everything associated with forced air system-which include the heating and cooling systems, fan motors, coils etc.
There are generally four steps to air cleaning:
- Cleaning all the ducts-return and supply ducts
First ducts are cleaned using duct cleaning equipment specially made for cleaning ducts. Then, they are decontaminated with odor killing substances and sealants to prevent soot formation.
- Cleaning the furnace/ air conditioner/ air handler interior
First the whole system needs to be tested to see that it is working properly. Then the interior surfaces of the air conditioner/ furnace and air handler are cleaned by using a vacuum. A HEPA vacuum and coil cleaners are used to clean the coils.
- Cleaning the return and supply air registers, grills and air vents
All floor, ceiling and wall registers are removed. The air vents, registers and grills are rinsed and washed with the help of appropriate cleaners.
- Cleaning the blower assembly, and installing air odor controlling products.
The interior of the blower is vacuumed to remove all the dirt and dust. Odor controlling products are installed which can actively control odor for the following months. Chemical biocides are also used, to kill the harmful microbiological inhabitants of the ducts.
Why You Should Consider a Professional for Duct Cleaning?
So, does air duct cleaning remove allergies? As seen from the above steps, air duct cleaning takes time and the correct procedure to produce maximum benefits. And with healthier air, you wouldn't have to worry about allergies too.
Professional air duct cleaners are specially trained and have experience in air duct cleaning-and thus they will be able to follow the best way to clean your air duct.
Don't wait, give us a call today! At Dustless Duct, we will be able to help you with all your air ducts cleaning needs in Ellicott city, MD. You can hire our professional duct cleaning services now to improve the air quality of your home today!